Saturday 29 June 2013

10 Under The Ben

I've left this post a bit late to write so instead of a long, waffling rundown of the race I'll post up some photographs to give a little taster of the even.

(Nb: Disregard the Strava 'achievements' as they are not true. I had to add laps 2,3&4 by hand as phone battery ran out so performance data isn't up to date. Also, the time is inaccurate too. It took me much much longer!)

The calm before the storm. Nevis Range before the races.
As always, the event attracted a large number of riders.
A nice, fast, dusty section giving the legs a bit of a rest and releasing the adrenaline.
My facial expression remained much the same throughout the race. Concentration and pain.
Lots of opportunity to swing round into rooty descents.
And a little fast roll before a tight bridge that left less than an inch either side of my bars!
Probably about to be overtaken... again!
Probably my favourite photograph and one of my favourite sections. Keep the speed and be ready for the quick climb over the bank and back to dry land.
The speed is reflected in the grin!
Boardwalk sections kept my concentration. A few moments saw me almost come off the edge due to daydreaming and fatigue towards the end!
Jon said to style it out whenever I saw a photographer. This was all my body would allow me to do!


I placed 62nd out of 93 which I felt was acceptable for a solo rider!

See the results here







No comments:

Post a Comment