Tuesday 13 March 2012

The New Bike

Here is the new Raleigh. With some initial research I think it may be 60s or 70s but haven't had much joy with the frame number. The condition of the pantwork is poor but I was pleased to see that it too has been repainted at some point as the head tube doesn't match and the paintwork is poor around that area. That means I can repaint it without feeling like I've ruined a classic!

On the face of it, this bike is almost ready to go. With a new set of tyres (I've ordered some old raleigh sport tyres with amber walls) and inner tubes, and with some care given to the chainset I will be taking this bike out on it's maiden voyage to work and back. The headset is a little rough so I will see about replacing the bearings.

Eventually, I think this bike will be a lovely racing green with a bit of tan here and there. Lets see how it pans out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment